1942 Flathead Oldschool Bobber
Frank from Ottsville, PA, United States of America made available these photos of this great looking 1942 Harley Flathead Oldschool Bobber motorcycle. Frank built this WLA bobber bike around 2004 and has done about 1000 miles since then.
Harley Flathead Bobber Specs
Frank provided the following info on his Flathead oldschool bobber build:
• Rebuilt 45 cubic inch / 750cc Flathead engine;
• Chromed springer front end;
• Engine and 3 speed transmission are original to this frame;
• Frame Was Never Bent Or Repaired;
• Tranny was rebuilt with new clutch plates;
• New chain, sprockets, brakes, wheels and tires;
• 21" Avon up front;
• 16" Avon on the rear;
• Frame is blue with a silver gray tank and fenders;
• The Harley gas tank is not original to this bike;
• Correct period magneto;
• Original tool box now houses the battery;
• No ignition key;
1942 Harley Flathead Engine and Tranny
Rebuilt 45ci / 750cc Flathead engine and Tranny. Bathroom style petcock!
These Harley flathead engines have the carburator breathing to the left of the V-Twin engine.
Oldschool left hand suicide clutch and gear shift.
Flathead Bobber Springer Front End
Drum brakes were standard in 1942... Real Oldschool!
Harley Flathead Bobber Rear End
1942 Harley Davidson WLA Hardtail frame. The original toolbox now houses the battery.
Actually, this 1942 Harley WLA Flathead Oldschool Bobber bike is currently for sale.
For more information:eBay Advertising
Any questions, feel free to call Frank at 215-858-0563.